Saints 34 Packers 27
TWO AND FREAKIN' OH, BABY!
THE SUPERDOME WILL BE ROCKING NEXT MONDAY NIGHT! BRING ON THE FALCONS!
- The Saints went on a 34-7 run after falling behind 13-0 in the first quarter.
- Drew Brees caught on fire after the first quarter.
- Deuce had 2 big touchdowns on the ground, and a nice catch and run in the first quarter.
- Reggie Bush caught 8 balls, including 2 big catches. Sooner or later he'll break one.
- Marques Colston has touchdown catches in his first 2 games as a pro.
- Joe Horn had a better game this week.
- Sean Payton going for it on 4th down late in the 2nd quarter, and converting. If we don't, we don't have the lead at halftime.
- The vertical passing game came back about halfway through the second quarter.
- The defense bent some more, but still didn't break.
- The Saints stuffed the run for the second week in a row. We hadn't done that in a while either.
- The defense forced a HUGE Omar Stoutmire interception at the end zone, when the Packers were driving to reclaim the lead.
- Will Smith had a HUGE 12-yard sack of Brett Favre at a point when the Packers could have retaken the lead in the 4th quarter.
- The Saints d forced a HUGE Ahman Green fumble. And the offense came right back on the VERY NEXT play and scored what would become the game-winning touchdown. By the way, why didn't the Packers challenge the play?
- The defense kept the opponent from tying or winning the game in the final minutes for the second week in a row.
- Who on the offensive line was blocking Aaron "3 sacks" Kampman?
- We had a hard time stopping A.J. Hawk too. He looks like a real player. And remember, he's the guy we probably would have picked if Reggie wouldn't have fallen in our laps.
- Jason Craft let Donald Driver steal an interception from him. If he pulls it in, GAME OVER with about 5 minutes left in the game.
- Outside of Deuce's 2 touchdown plays, we could not run the ball against a defense that probably isn't very good.
- SOMEBODY COVER DONALD DRIVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Drew Brees's first ten minutes of the game were as bad as I've ever seen from a Saints quarterback. Sure, the fumbles were a result of pressure, but he wasn't even close on the interception.
- How many passes did the Packers drop today?
- Even though he had a nice punt return, Lance Moore's "attempt" at an important catch on 3rd down in the 4th quarter was atrocious.
- I'm putting that Reggie Bush punt return here, because I wouldn't call it good or bad. But damn, those moves were sick.
- Devery Henderson's dropped pass, which he made up for--thank you very much.
- We still can't close on offense in the final minutes. We get a chance to milk the clock late if we get one first down. But we can't do it, again. Of course, this is not a new development in Saints history.
TAGS: NFL, New Orleans Saints, Green Bay Packers, Drew Brees, Deuce McAllister, Reggie Bush