07 September 2006

Jason Whitlock Doesn't Want to Hear About the Saints

Jason Whitlock just threw the stone through his glass house today.

Here's what he said about the New Orleans Saints today in his ESPN Page2 column:

6. Memo to the media: Hurricane Katrina did not make the New Orleans Saints more interesting.

The Saints still stink as a franchise. No one cares about the Saints. They're not going to rebuild New Orleans. Reggie Bush won't do much behind New Orleans' awful offensive line. Drew Brees will have a mediocre year. And Sean Payton is not the next Bill Parcells.

Are we clear on this? I'm putting all the TV networks on notice. Don't force-feed me Saints stories because of Hurricane Katrina. I care about New Orleans rebuilding and recovering. I don't care about the worst-run franchise in the NFL.

Now I'm not going to play the "New Orleans Nazi" and say that the guy isn't entitled to his opinion. I know that this is an opinion that is shared by many Americans. Hell, a lot of us are sick of the media's exploitation of our region too. And you can't say that the Saints haven't been poorly run in recent years.

All I'm saying is this: I'm going to remember your "force feeding" complaint next time you write a column about Jeff Freaking George. We don't even need to go any further than down the same column to see how you feel about him:

1. My theory on why Al Davis cut my boy Jeff George: Jeff performed so well in practice that Al was afraid Randy Moss would demand that George replace Aaron Brooks as the starting quarterback.

Even at 38, Jeff is too talented to be a backup. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

He dedicated his column last week to Jeff George. He has written entire columns in the past about Jeff George. He finds way to cram Jeff George into a large number of his columns. I'd link more, but the idiots at ESPN think that we are going to pay for his drivel as "premium content."

He also uses his column in the Kansas City Star to defend Jeff George. Even though Jeff George has nothing to do with Kansas City.

And I'm not the only person who notices Whitlock's Jeff George fetish.

Oh, by the way, Jeff George and Jason Whitlock are former high school teammates.
My favorite Internet comment about the relationship comes from here:

He seldom gets through a column without mentioning he played high school football with Jeff George. Dropping George's name is like saying you were in drama club with Richard Geico.

I assume he meant Richard Grieco.

Funny how he doesn't have a problem force-feeding America stories about his high school buddy. That's all I'm saying.

And, moving back to his original comments, it's funny how nobody in the media thinks America is tired of hearing about how the New York teams helped rebuild, not only New York, but America as a whole after 9/11. Get ready for more of that this weekend.

You can reach him at ballstate68@aol.com . He posts it at the end of all of his columns.



TAGS: Katrina, New Orleans, NOLA, New Orleans Saints, Saints, NFL, Jason Whitlock

5 Comments:

At September 07, 2006 7:59 PM, Blogger oyster said...

Nowadays, I believe the kids describe posts like these as such:

PWNED!!!


Very, very enjoyable reading, Mr. Fitch.

 
At September 07, 2006 8:55 PM, Blogger dillyberto said...

I'll try to let Jason Whitlock hear more about Our New Orleans Saints.

It is amazing the praise given to people who have your ear these days.

 
At September 07, 2006 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it really was Richard Geico. That's the lizard in the commercials.

 
At September 08, 2006 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post. Just wrote him an email.

 
At September 11, 2006 6:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm originally from western MO and the KC Star is my "hometown paper". Jason Whitlok has a long and illustrious reputation as a pompous blowhard`who takes sides and considers anyone who might disagree with him to be an idiot. My dad would spit on his column and throw the sports page away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home