29 August 2006

One Person Who Doesn't "Remember"

Aaron Brooks. From the ESPN story:

Brooks said even all the coverage from newspapers and television stations doing retrospectives and stories on the rebuilding effort along the Gulf Coast hasn't led him to think about what he and his teammates went through at this time last season.

"No because I'm not from New Orleans," he said. "New Orleans was my place of residency for six years during the season, but I only worked there. I'm not a New Orleans native, I'm from Virginia. So I just worked there. It was a job and I have a new job. And I'm very excited about being here and I look forward to doing some wonderful things here. ... I don't even try to go back. I don't even talk about it."


There you go, Aaron Brooks defenders. He really cares (cared) a lot about you. There's some more of that legendary "leadership" he's known for. Bury your head in the sand when something bad happens. If you don't acknowledge it even happened, then maybe it didn't. Just smile your troubles away, just like you did when you threw an interception.

This guy should work for FEMA.

ADDITION: For those of you who think I'm being too hard on Brooks and kicking him while he's down, read this story about another football player who "only works in New Orleans." It's called "leadership," Aaron. And you never got it.



TAGS: Katrina, New Orleans, NOLA, New Orleans Saints, Saints, NFL, Aaron Brooks

3 Comments:

At August 29, 2006 3:37 PM, Blogger Seymour D. Fair said...

Wow, el stevo . . .

I agree with you--we need to look forward. No question. My main point in REMEMBERING has to do with the fact that the loss of our citizens and destruction of our city was not from a natural event, but a man-made engineering failure. It seems to me a year later the majority of our fellow Americans don't realize this.

That "dumbass parade" is how some of our residents traditionally grieve. I want all of our citizens to want to be here--including yourself--but it sounds as if perhaps maybe some bland tradition-free place would be better suited for you if you don't comprehend the reason for your inconvenience today.

 
At August 29, 2006 4:02 PM, Blogger Commish said...

You woke up today to get to work, and didn't realize that something--ANYTHING--different might be going on today??????????????????

Wow.

I guess you got pissed off too on Mardi Gras day when you couldn't get to Wal Mart.

 
At August 29, 2006 5:32 PM, Blogger Seymour D. Fair said...

WTF did I say?

That "dumbass parade" is how SOME of our residents traditionally grieve.

Not ALL of our residents. Did I participate in such events today? Nope.

I think what Fitch was trying to say is that given the date today he should have expected such things and not condemn the city a bunch of idiots because of it.

What exactly is a NO Nazi? Someone who gives a shit about what happens to this place?

Seriously, what do you mean by that?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home