24 September 2006

1,060 Hours of My Life Spent in the Louisiana Superdome

The Superdome Memories post on New Orleans Metroblogging made me stop and think about the amount of time spent within the Louisiana Superdome in my lifetime and the events in the DOME I have attended. Here’s what I came up with:

200-220 New Orleans Saints games (preseason, regular season, playoffs)
10-15 regular season NCAA Football games (LSU, Tulane)
10-15 Exhibition Shows (Boat, Sportsman’s, Home/Garden, World of Wheels)
8-10 New Orleans Night Arena Football games
5-10 NCAA Basketball games (LSU, Tulane, NCAA Tourney)
5-7 NCAA Baseball Games/Tourneys (LSU, Tulane, UNO)
5 New Orleans Breakers USFL games
5 LHSAA Championship Games
5 Sugar Bowls
5 Circuses
5 Major League Baseball exhibition games
2 Moto-crosses
2 New Orleans Bowls
2 Concerts
1 Super Bowl
1 Elementary School "Dome Tour" Field Trip

Approximately 310 Events.
Approximate Time of my Life in the Louisiana Superdome: 1,060 hours (or 45 days).

Unfortunately, I never attended a New Orleans Jazz game or a 1977 Pelican-Ken Oberkfell game. I was in the Louisiana Superdome in September 1987 the weekend Pope John Paul II was in town, but not for his mass but instead for the 28-21 victory by the Saints over the Cleveland Browns the next day . . . (two safeties in that game by the Saints!!!)


TAGS: Katrina, New Orleans, NOLA, Louisiana Superdome, Saints, Louisiana

3 Comments:

At September 24, 2006 10:54 PM, Blogger Commish said...

Seymour,

Are you telling me you missed the Republican National Convention?????

Did you remember to put in the Huey Lewis & the News "Lottery Fest"? I could have sworn I remember you there.

 
At September 25, 2006 8:08 AM, Blogger Hollis P. Wood said...

Fitch, I belive that was part of Seymours "2 concerts listed" Yes, we were both there for the lottery kickoff fest. Huey rocked the joint!! "I wanna new drug!"
Hehehehehehehehe.

 
At September 25, 2006 8:54 AM, Blogger Commish said...

I'm just glad that Chris Berman didn't show up to sing on stage with him at that concert.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home