27 July 2006

Photo du Jour: Flat Tire du Jour


Woke up this morning . . . to a flat tire. (Didn't get myself a gun.) For me this is the fifth flat I've experienced post-KTMB--in three different cars. This time it appears I drove over a wood screw. One of the tire places on Veterans Boulevard is patching it up as I write this. I mention them because when I walked into their place this morning I was amazed at how nice it now is--I hadn't been in this particular place since the storm. The jacuzzi effect spawn from KTMB gave their showroom/waiting room a much needed facelift. They told me it wasn't so much the canal overflow flooding that damaged their building (they did take in some floodwater), instead the interior got ruined from rainwater because of a blown-off roof. They even have a flatscreen television . . .

Hollis P. Wood tells me that he and nolagirl collectively have had ten flats causes by nails/debris in the past eleven months. Virtually everyone I know in New Orleans post-KTMB has had this happen at least once and serves as another inconvenient reality for "us people in our part of the world."

TAGS: Katrina, New Orleans, NOLA, Metairie

4 Comments:

At July 28, 2006 10:25 AM, Blogger Mr. Clio said...

We've had four (including one episode that involved two flats), and Mrs. Dr. Clio and I don't drive all that many miles.

 
At July 28, 2006 10:56 AM, Blogger Hollis P. Wood said...

10 is correct. Them's all documented.

Hollis

 
At July 28, 2006 10:47 PM, Blogger LisaPal said...

As the scourge of roofing nails diminishes, it seems that screws may be the new thing. My mother had one removed from her latest flat tire yesterday.

 
At July 29, 2006 12:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've only had 2 flats. Of course, I've had to get 2 brake jobs on one car. I blame the Corps.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home