24 July 2006

My Take on Reggie Bush's "Holdout" Story

Now that I have posted the link to the Reggie Bush story, viewed a wide assortment of Internet comments, and digested the situation myself, here's my take:

I don't doubt the integrity and credentials of the reporter. And I don't have doubts just because Yahoo! scooped everyone. Yahoo scooped everyone on the Reggie Bush house story too. I am not one of those people who doesn't believe it just because ESPN isn't reporting it. ESPN was too busy following Danica Patrick and Roger Clemens around to cover other stories of actual significance. ESPN is spending too much time ranking NFL units and predicting wild-card games right now to catch "news." ESPN blows.

I don't doubt that Reggie's people leaked this story. I don't think he has been handled well either. It all sounds pretty amateur. But it makes sense in one context that the reporter mentioned. He has done everything possible to make the city and Saints fans love him. So now he can play hardball. He knows we're on his side. If he holds out, he know's we're gonna blame Benson. And Benson's "do whatever it takes" stance during the draft doesn't help things either.

This is Ricky Williams in reverse. Remember when Ricky went public with his "you should be paid based on what you do on the field" stance. That put him behind the eight-ball in negotiations, and he wound up getting a crappy contract. Now it's the team that knows it's screwed.

Reggie is going to name his price when it's all said and done.

And I don't believe for a minute that he will hold out the entire season. I'm just sick of the crap. We got put through Hell last year with Tom Benson's idiocy. We don't need a Reggie Bush holdout looming over our heads. Can't we have a happy, peaceful pre-season?

TAGS: New Orleans Katrina Saints

2 Comments:

At July 24, 2006 10:35 PM, Blogger mominem said...

I will go to some games whether Bush signs or not. I'll likely renew my season tickets next year. I don't really care if they win, as long as they try and act like adults.

That last part seems to give all of them problems.

 
At July 25, 2006 12:35 AM, Blogger naltikriti said...

God, I hope you're right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home