25 April 2006

Gentilly Design Charrette Final Presentation Tonight


The final presentation of the week-long The Gentilly Charrette conducted through the Gentilly Civic Improvement Association is being held tonight at 7pm at St. Leo the Great Catholic Church (2916 Paris Avenue).

Information on the charrette can be seen at the GCIA site.

Andres Duany, like the design charrettes held on the Mississippi Gulf Coast, Lake Charles, Vermilion Parish, and St. Bernard Parish, is involved in this one as well but in a completely volunteer effort. Joining him are twenty other design professionals from around the country.

I am going to make every effort to attend tonight's presentation . . .

1 Comments:

At April 25, 2006 9:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't go (and don't live in Gentilly), but I am very interested in this. I hope you will report back. People decry Duany and the whole New Urbanism thing, and I may be naive, but it is such a wasteland now that I am glad this guy is doing this. I don't see how it could be anything but good to get his input, at least.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home