13 March 2006

The Kimberly Williamson Butler Saga: An Anonymous Comment (from a Former Co-Worker) to TBNO

This comment was posted in response to nolagirl's post on 3 March 2005 concerning the decision of Kimberly Williamson Butler to throw her name into the hat for the 20+ candidate New Orleans mayoral election to be held in April. I don't know how I missed this comment made on Friday (damn Irish Channel Parade weekend)--but I just discovered it this morning.

I don't know who wrote this (nor can I confirm it's authenticity), but ouch . . .

Anonymous said...
I was fired in Feb. 2004 after running elections for 26 years and watched in horror to what happened in September. After working with?? her for 2 1/2 months, I saw the bizarre behavior and her unwillingness to "do the right thing" as she ignored accounting procedures, even after I advised her of what was required. I was fired that afternoon. Lying seems to come to her naturally.I've already decided if the electorate in this city makes her our next mayor, my house will go up for sale and I will relocate, even it it's only to the North Shore or Baton Rouge. We will all be doomed for failure.
March 10, 2006 5:01 PM



Times-Picayune editorial writer Jarvis DeBerry has this to say about Ms. Butler yesterday.

This letter to the editor also in yesterday's TP says its all.

28 September 2004 Gambit Weekly: ". . . she has not handled herself very well . . ." They hadn't seen anything yet.

6 Comments:

At April 17, 2006 11:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is amazing that she tries to garner sympathy and tells the media she "has people watching/following" her BUT she installed hidden cameras (and the invoice for them states "hidden cameras") inside the offices without telling anyone. She also put locks on doors in the administrative offices that had never had locks on them before. Only she and one or two other people had keys, which meant the day those with keys were late, the rest of us couldn't get in until 10:30 when someone finally showed up (after a phone call). She has had almost every official responsibility stripped from her as Clerk, both office related and election related (just as when she couldn't function as CAO), but wants to be Mayor. Read the Gambit article and you'll see how she believes this will further her "destiny" and completion of the seven seals. She really believes she is persecuted and a great leader - her ministers tell her she was "sent to New Orleans to save the city". The woman truly needs help - and I do not use the phrase sarcastically.
I am the "Anonymous" who worked for her and have seen it firsthand.
I wonder if she will blame her husband (estranged? and living in Texas) for the Disneyland episode, just as she blamed him for not filing her Campaign Finance Reports. He's an easy target since he's not here to defend himself.

 
At June 29, 2012 10:54 AM, Anonymous call forwarding said...

You are a Great while writing in the blogs it is awesome I liked it too much good and informative thanks for the sharing.

 
At September 09, 2012 12:36 AM, Blogger Gregory "Boomer" O'Neal said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At September 09, 2012 12:37 AM, Blogger Gregory "Boomer" O'Neal said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At March 25, 2023 4:57 PM, Blogger Gregory "Boomer" O'Neal said...

The funny thing is, I was her fiance from April 2002 to June 2002. She tried to control everything I said and did like a puppeteer. We were also supposed to buy up a lot of single and double shotgun homes and start restoring many parts of the city. Kimberly did not follow through with her word and her word. I left a quality job and actually sold my car in order to pay for her ring in which she would not return. I paid like $4500 for this ring and all she would give me is nothing, as she refused to return it to me as she was not going through with a wedding with me. But her pastor advised her to pay me what I asked for which was only $1250 just so I could get back home and get a job again and I did this because she ran me dry of my finances, being forced out of my residence which was owned by her church member friend and was going to leave me out on the street with no money, car or job. I believe this is her wedding ring to her marriage with David. The woman actually lied to the unemployment dept. accusing me of things without any evidence. She was even disrespectful to the Judge presiding and had to be told to be quite. This woman thinks she is a very very special, one of a kind woman whom everyone should bow down to. I wouldn't she began yelling at me one night, pointing her finger at me and telling me to grow up? that is leadership? Well her record of recent years displays her true character!

 
At March 25, 2023 5:03 PM, Blogger Gregory "Boomer" O'Neal said...

Did David leave her estranged?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home