04 October 2006

Why is the Louisiana Restaurant Association Sponsoring a Dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse in Washington, DC?

"Thank you, sir. May I have another . . ."


Tim points out the Times-Picayune snippet on Vitty Cent refusing to eat at a Louisiana Restaurant Association sponsored dinner at Ruth's Chris Sellout in Washington, DC. And like Tim I applaud Vitter (although I generally don't care for him nor his politics) for refusing to eat the food (although he should refused to even show up) because of Craig "that's not my job" Miller's heartless abandonment of New Orleans despite any desires to the contrary late-founder Ruth Fertel may have briefly mentioned a million times.

My big question is:

WHY IN THE F IS THE LOUISIANA RESTAURANT ASSOCIATION--a non-profit association composed of foodservice operators and suppliers of the industry who realize the importance of working together for the good of the industry--HAVING A DINNER AT A RESTAURANT OF A COMPANY THAT COMPLETELY SOLD NEW ORLEANS AND LOUISIANA OUT?

Seems to me a Ruth's Chris Sellout should be the last place an event hosted by an entity concerned with the welfare and future of the New Orleans and Louisiana restaurant industries should be held. I mean come on. Is this a case of "thank you sir, may I have another" or what????? They callously screw us and then this organization supposedly focused on the interests of our state hosts an event with them??? I find that insulting.

Seems as if the Louisiana Restaurant Association has some explaining to do. Ask them via email. Or better yet, after polishing off the Oki Nago buffet walk on over to the next building which is the LRA HQ and demand an explanation from them personally.


And remember BOYCOTT RUTH'S CHRIS SELLOUT and COWARD* CRAIG S. MILLER.

*The word "coward" is the ideal description of Mr. Miller:
a person who lacks the courage to face danger, pain, or difficulty; a person easily discouraged or intimidated by fear.




TAGS: Katrina, New Orleans, NOLA, Ruth's Chris Steakhouse, Craig S. Miller, Louisiana Restaurant Association

3 Comments:

At October 04, 2006 3:00 AM, Blogger mominem said...

There must be a restaurant in DC with a local connection.

Several years ago a New Orleans native started Tunnicliffs on Capitol Hill. I don't know if she is still running it.

I think I remember Tom Fitzmorris saying there was a good New Orleans style restaurant there, run by a chef with a New Orleans connection.

 
At October 05, 2006 8:50 AM, Blogger Mark Folse said...

Sent. I think we need to break the bastard's inbox.

 
At October 05, 2006 11:17 PM, Blogger Mr. Clio said...

Please don't get me started. I'm just recovering from two days of high fever . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home