10 May 2006

Firefighters and Police Groups Endorse Landrieu

From nola.com:
Representatives of the city’s firefighters and police officers endorsed Lt. Gov. Mitch Landrieu for mayor in a joint announcement in front of City Hall on Tuesday.

New Orleans Firefighters Local 632, Police Association of New Orleans and Fraternal Order of Police threw their political weight behind Landrieu despite endorsing Mayor Ray Nagin four years ago.

I'm not sure how much influence these endorsements will have but I find it interesting that the men and women of these departments want their current boss fired. I think they know how effective or ineffective a leader is especially after an experience such as Katrina. But, maybe I'm reading this the wrong way - perhaps there are ulterior motives by these departments. And I'm sure it wasn't a unanimous decision either. But whatever the case, it's hard for me to disregard the fact that they don't want to serve under Nagin.



TAGS: Katrina, New Orleans, NOLA, Election, Nagin, Landrieu, Couhig

1 Comments:

At May 10, 2006 11:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The firefighters hate C Ray. He's been jerking them around about their contract for 4 years. I suspect that if the vote wasn't unanimous it was close to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home