27 April 2006

Hard at Work

I'm not in New Orleans, so I thought I'd find out what happened with "The Decider" (Seymour's words) in New Orleans. The first place I went was WWL.com. I was shocked, so I then checked elsewhere. There seems to be a consensus out there about today's events. Just look at the first three headlines I saw about W. (now I knew what I'd be getting when I went to Fox News, but that's beside the point):

WWLTV.com: President Pitches In
CNN.com: Bush pitches in with Katrina cleanup
FOXNEWS.com: Bush Lends a Hand in New Orleans

Is that all you need to do to "pitch in" or "lend a hand"? Pose for a picture? How much time do you really think he spent working on that house?

Here's a more appropriate headline for today's events:

"Nation doesn't buy latest Osama Threat designed to divert public from FEMA report and high gas prices; president forced to resort to staged photo opportunity for approval"