17 December 2006

New Orleans Saints: #2 Seed Scenarios

NOTE: This is unofficial. If I understand tie-breakers correctly, this is what I have figured out. And if I am right, the Giants have been eliminated from the NFC East race. They can only be a Wild Card. I will update it if I discover that I am wrong.

The bottom line is this: the Saints STILL control their own destiny. If they win out, they're the #2 seed. But let's examine it a little closer.

IF THE SAINTS BEAT THE GIANTS NEXT WEEK:
1) The Seahawks are eliminated.
2) The Eagles are elminated.
2) The Cowboys are elimnated with a Saints victory over the Panthers, or one more Cowboys loss.

IF THE SAINTS LOSE TO THE GIANTS NEXT WEEK:
1) The Seahawks could still be alive if they win (I'm not sure about their tie-breakers with the Cowboys and Eagles). But they would still be eliminated if they lose their final game or if the Saints beat the Panthers.
2) The Cowboys MUST lose a game. If the Cowboys beat the Eagles next week, then all they'd have to do is beat the Lions to take the #2 seed from the Saints (the "nightmare scenario"). If the Saints and Cowboys both lose next week, then the Saints would still clinch with a win over the Panthers.
3) If the Cowboys lose to the Eagles next week and the Eagles beat the Falcons next week, then the Eagles would win the NFC East. The Saints have the tie-breaker over them. Therefore, if the Saints beat the Panthers, the Eagles are eliminated.
4) The Eagles are elminated if they lose to the Cowboys.

Any corrections would be appreciated. Again, this is not official. I'd hate to convey false information.

3 Comments:

At December 18, 2006 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't believe any false rumors, unless you hear them from me.

Vic Schiro looks good some days.

 
At December 19, 2006 9:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We win the next 2, life is grand.

 
At December 19, 2006 10:22 AM, Blogger Commish said...

I think I'm pulling for the Eagles on Christmas Day harder than I'm pulling for the Saints on Christmas Eve.

I know you think I'm crazy for saying this one week after we beat them 42-17, but I DON'T WANT TO PLAY THE COWBOYS AGAIN, HOME OR AWAY.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home