10 November 2005

Squirrels


I was listening to C. Ray's town hall meeting yesterday and just kept wondering if it was worth his time. I understand he wants his citizens to have access to him. He wants everyone to have a voice. He wants people to be able to air their grievances and try to get some answers to all their questions. He understands how frustrated everyone is and I commend him for that. However, what I heard yesterday was a waste of his time. He has an incredible job facing him right now. Listening to people rant on about the terrorists who blew up the levee or, how the new sound abatement walls along I-10 were really designed to channel water into black neighborhoods, is a waste of his time. I'm not making this up and I don't want to trivialize peoples losses. I know many lives are ruined and frustration levels are at all time highs but, there has to be a better way to have a town hall meeting. No real information came from the people that got to speak.

All I could think of was Buddy D. "The squirrels were out."

I'm glad Buddy isn't here to see the disaster that is the Saints right now. He loved them as much or more than we do. More on that later................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home