27 October 2005

Sorry Closed

OK, for the umpteenth time in the past few weeks I'm about to leave work early so that I can go buy some crap before the stores close. It's not that I mind leaving work early, it's that I don't see why hard working people like me should burn our vacation time when stores could easily shift their hours of operation to accommodate the bulk of the population that works from 9 to 5. Believe me, I understand that businesses are hurting for employees but when I see that Sports Academy is open from 9am to 5pm it makes me wonder just who in the hell goes to buy sports equipment at 9am on a weekday, especially since the rest of the working world is, well, working? I sure as hell know that there are people trying to shop at 6pm because that's when everyone is off of work.

Maybe it's because they need someone there in the morning to receive the daily deliveries. Fine, just get one or two of your employees get there early to receive the shipments and have the remainder of the employees work from 12pm-8pm so that the bulk of the shoppers can actually spend money in your store. We're trying to spend our money but you're just not open!

1 Comments:

At November 02, 2005 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I used to think the same way but now work a different schedule that is not 9-5 during work day. What I find is that during normal work hours there are tons of people shopping while others are working. It is quite disappointing to see just a small population working for "The Man" when the rest are free to shop or watch TV, etc. It would be of interest which I know you can find on interenet, to find out "Who is working?" If I had to guess 20% of population works 8-5. The rest are in service industry, retired, work offshore, non working mothers are women, people that make their own schedule, etc etc. So my advice is to keep up the good work for "the man" and try not to crowd the stores when you get off of work early when I am trying to shop on a Wed afternoon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home