27 October 2005

Photo du Jour: Jackson Square KTMB +59


Before the THE BIG DANCE started on 29 August 2005 when Katrina that miserable bitch (KTMB) decided to turn things upside down, over the years I would periodically venture down to the Vieux Carre and more specifically Jackson Square to reaffirm my "being" in New Orleans. Yesterday in the AM I made one of those trips--and took the above photo. Unfortunately, the Square wasn't open yet (the gates were still locked) so I couldn't get onto the "set," uh, I mean into the Square. However--despite all the destruction and all of the tremendous problems New Orleans has to deal with--yep, "IT'S" still here--and I don't just mean the Cathedral. Oh ya, and there were plenty of Carpetbaggers and Los Carpetbaggeros types across the street at Cafe du Monde.

2 Comments:

At November 11, 2005 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the statue of Ignatius Riley still there on Canal St., or did the looters get it?

 
At November 11, 2005 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He made it throught the storm.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home