14 January 2007

Bring on the Bears

Random thoughts from the last 24 hours:

1. I'm 3-0 on my picks so far this weekend. I'm losing on my 4th though. If San Diego wins, we're looking at a possible Saints/Colts Super Bowl. I want Peyton, Addai, New Orleanian Reggie Wayne, and the rest of the Colts to get there too. I know it's the one Archie is pulling for, and that's good enough for me. UPDATE: I went 4-0 this weekend. Just tooting my own horn.

2. I would have loved to host the NFC Championship game. But I think we can beat the Bears too. The Saints have trouble forcing turnovers. If they can't get a couple of picks on Rex Grossman, then they don't deserve to be in the Super Bowl, period.

3. The Saints offense can score enough points to beat the Bears. The Bears love to get cheap defensive touchdowns, but the Saints don't give defenses those opportunities.

4. The crappy Midwest weather is in full force this weekend and this week. It's supposed to get better next weekend.

5. Bernard Berrian vs. Fred Thomas. We'll see what happens.

6. Again, thank you Deuce. I already posted on that. It's interesting that the two most beloved figures in Saints history (Archie and Deuce) both went to Ole Miss.

7. Thank you, Scott Fujita. Your tackle on Tapeh in the 4th quarter saved the game.

8. Thank you, Mark Simoneau(x) for intentionally ricocheting the ball off your head to prevent a big gain. Ha ha.

9. Thank you, Reggie Bush for finally making something out of those broken plays.

10. Thank you, Terrance Copper, for recovering Reggie Bush's fumble. I now consider you completely redeemed.

10. Saints TEs: 6 catches, 108 yards. Does that equal their total output from the second half of the season?

11. We endured the Donte' Stallworth/Darren Howard curse, and still won. How sweet it is.

12. Come on, Marques. Sell the catch on the Hail Mary a little better, and maybe they would have been more likely to review it.

13. Come on, Bullocks. Make the big play.

One win away from the Super Bowl. So this is what it feels like.

Somewhere, someplace, Buddy D is smiling. I wonder if Aaron Brooks is doing the same.

1 Comments:

At January 15, 2007 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course AB is smiling, when does he ever not smile. Interceptions, losing the man can not stop smiling, leaving us to wonder what the hell is going on in his head

 

Post a Comment

<< Home