20 November 2006

Happy Thanksgiving Week

I know that some of you show up on the webpage to check out my comments on the Saints games. Unfortunately, I have to keep it short. I am writing on a computer in the local public library because my family house doesn't have an Internet connection. So I'll keep it short.

  • Fred Thomas has had some good games with the Saints, and I know he's hurt. But yesterday he was Milton Mack bad. More than half the yards the Saints defense allowed was his fault. He was burnt THREE TIMES on long passes. Thanks, Fred. I blame him for the loss more than anything. It was 10-10 when he got burnt the second time, and it was 17-10 when he got burned the third time. Both of those could have still been overcome, even with all those turnovers.
  • Terrence Copper is still on the list. But so is Devery Henderson. He would have had the biggest receiving day in Saints history if he wouldn't have dropped so many passes.
  • Of course, I can't name any Saints receiver who didn't drop a pass yesterday, except maybe Reggie Bush.
  • Drew Brees made too many mistakes again yesterday. But you can't rant on him yet, because he's the reason why we have 6 wins.
  • I think it's time to retire my Kyle Turley jersey. My two jerseys are Turley and Ricky Williams. I hope you understand why I'm afraid to buy another new jersey. Every time I pick one, the guy flames out.
  • I just read that the Cowboys/Giants game wasn't flexed for next week, so there's still a slim chance that the Saints/Cowboys could get the call. Of course, I'm not sure that I want America to see the Saints right now. At least until we stop turning the ball over.

And, on one unrelated issue:

  • I am FULLY CONFIDENT that LSU will beat Arkansas Friday. Don't ask me why. I just have a feeling. I want that to happen. I want to get a BCS berth. I want to play USC in the Rose Bowl. I think the chances of that are less than slim, but wouldn't that be fun?

So anyway, that's all for today. Have a happy holiday. I'll be on the road and may miss the Falcons game. So my best guess is, everything will be back to normal in 2 weeks.

TAGS: NFL, New Orleans Saints, Cincinnati Bengals, Drew Brees, Devery Henderson, Fred Thomas, Reggie Bush

3 Comments:

At November 20, 2006 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know the Tigers looked pretty bad for three and a half quarters Saturday night. But for half a quarter Ole Missy didn't stand a chance. Both the players and the coaching staff got caught looking past last Saturday's opponent. That wont happen against Arky.

 
At November 20, 2006 3:14 PM, Blogger mominem said...

I checked the BCS rankings and USC is very close to Michigan. If USC puts in strong performances in their last two games they just might squeak by Michigan. There is only .007 between them.

The Harris and Coach's polls could swing enough, if everyone got behind USC. Some voters in those polls might just decide they don't want a rematch and juggle their vote. The computers could also swing some as well on a strong performance against a ranked opponent (Notre Dame?).

It won't take much to change the ranking.

 
At November 22, 2006 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the Fred Thomas thing. I've been complaining about him since day one. Just awful. With Harper out he looks even worse (I didn't think that was possible). Look for a first round corner pick next year.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home