20 January 2006

The Isle of Orleans


I have a question................

How many of our Louisiana Legislators haven't been to New Orleans or St. Bernard or Plaquemimes or St. Tammany to see first hand the devastation and progress of recovery?

If anyone has an answer I am curious to know. I haven't seen anything on the news or read about this topic anywhere. Maybe they have all been here. I don't know, that is why I'm asking.

I know some issue has been made of US Senators and Representatives not coming down in person. Some have but most haven't. The reason for this is mainly attributed to our situation being viewed as "Louisiana's Problem". That was mentioned in an earlier post here and I believe it to be somewhat true. I just hope that within our state it isn't viewed as "New Orleans' Problem".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home