05 December 2006

Thank You Kelley Frost for Visiting

While out-of-town in south Texas, I came across the following letter in the San Antonio Express-News this morning. It is a nice reminder that many people still enjoy visiting New Orleans, and that New Orleans is as accomodating as ever.


Letters to the Editor

Web Posted: 12/04/2006 06:45 PM CST

San Antonio Express-News

A note to New Orleans

If I could, I would write a thank you note to the entire city of New Orleans after my recent visit.

I'd thank the Hertz rental car agent who advised us that even though the city's population declined, its traffic hasn't. I'd thank the front desk clerk from Annapolis, Md., who came from a sister property to help while the hospitality industry recovers. I'd thank Louis, the bellman, who was born and raised in New Orleans and would never think of leaving.

I'd thank the New York employee of Saks Fifth Avenue who came for the store's reopening and said it touched her as much as the day the doors opened on Fifth Avenue again after 9-11. I'd thank the antique dealers on Magazine Street for waiting for their streetcar and the tourists to return.

I'd thank Tom Benson for inviting us to see his beloved Saints and the inspiring warmth and appreciation their fans show toward their home team. I'd thank the Southwest Airlines skycap who graciously invited us to come back and asked us to tell others to do the same.

Everywhere we went, we were thanked for coming. The red carpet is rolled out and waiting. The road to recovery is long and hard, and the tourist and convention industry that is the livelihood of one of America's unique towns will thrive once again. Isn't it nice to know that sometimes you can make a difference just by being there?

— Kelley Frost

3 Comments:

At December 05, 2006 8:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

check it out.

Where's Nagin?

http://dirtycoast.com/product_view.php?id=29

Spread the word.

 
At December 05, 2006 12:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow.

I make it a point at Saints games to thank people in visitor jerseys for coming. Everybody but Baltimore fans have been exceptionally gracious.

 
At December 06, 2006 12:18 PM, Blogger Mr. Clio said...

Second that wow.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home